And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
That's hard to get that much spin (english, side spin) with the shake-hands grip - a lot of elbow/shoulder work! But, works great for top/back spin! Penhold grip is excellent for putting 'english', side spin on the ball - just a quick flick of the wrist. Not as good for top/back spin.
I grew up working in my dad’s print shop where he had a table set up for lunchtime ping pong matches. He was good friends with the owners of a local Chinese restaurant. Once every couple of weeks or so the Chinese guys came over to whip us in PP. They all used the pen grip and had special paddles that gave them excellent control and lots of ball movement. I tried using the pen grip, but I was never as good as them.
That's hard to get that much spin (english, side spin) with the shake-hands grip - a lot of elbow/shoulder work! But, works great for top/back spin!
ReplyDeletePenhold grip is excellent for putting 'english', side spin on the ball - just a quick flick of the wrist. Not as good for top/back spin.
He had room to get that but he got over confident in his slam shot and put his hand in his pocket like he won.
ReplyDeleteAnd then he got his ass handed to him.
The ball didn't go over the net, I'd challenge that point.
ReplyDeleteExactly! I was just going to say…
DeleteThat's true! The shot looked so neat that I didn't notice!!
DeleteI grew up working in my dad’s print shop where he had a table set up for lunchtime ping pong matches. He was good friends with the owners of a local Chinese restaurant. Once every couple of weeks or so the Chinese guys came over to whip us in PP. They all used the pen grip and had special paddles that gave them excellent control and lots of ball movement. I tried using the pen grip, but I was never as good as them.
ReplyDeleteWanted movie: curve the ball
ReplyDelete