Tuesday, June 30, 2026

My sister sent me this picture of her latest quilt.

 


18 comments:

  1. looks like different ribbons that military people are awarded.
    Heltau

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just stunning. Your sister has incredible talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She's all like, "La de da!" about it, but it's high art in fabric to me.

      Delete
  3. Very nice work. My wife has done some quilting so I can appreciate the massive effort to make this large pretty complex quilt.

    I does amuse me that a use every useful scrap of cloth tradition became a cut up perfect cloth and resew it into patterns :-)

    My Grandmother made diapers using quilting techniques with scraps of cloth salvaged from worn-out clothing back in Weimar Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! What a beautiful creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Looks like a collection of quilt designs to me. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skills. She has them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of my grandmoms used to make quilts.
    I still have one from each.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAMILY HEIRLOOM !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! Real talent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very talented. Crank up your Dodge and come to Sisters Oregon on Saturday the 11th. Largest outdoor quilt show. Been going for years and the best of the best to the novice quilter show their work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sadly quilting is a dying art...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree in that it is STUNNING! Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete