Monday, April 21, 2014

A hearty amen to this post

In The Middle of the Right wants his old country back, and as a matter of fact, so do I.  His thoughts are here, and I recommend them highly.

A quote:

  "But seriously, I WANT THE GOVERNMENT THAT I WAS TAUGHT ABOUT IN HIGH SCHOOL. Not the one we have now. I want the limited government which plays by the rules that are spelled out in the Constitution. Not the slapdash-lackadaisical sorta law-abiding half-assed Congress and Executive branch that we now have. I want Congressmen with guts enough to stand up and say STOP!....and NO!!! And those who will limit the excesses of our government agencies....And make sure that if we pass laws they are enforced. 

I WANT THE CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT that I was taught about in school...... I want the COUNTRY I was taught about in school. I want to know what the hell happened to it. 

I want a country that works as well as the one I grew up in in the 70's. Where people worked and were able to find work. Where help was there if you really needed it, but not as many people were needing or willing to take it. Where the incentive was to find a job. 

And I am willing to try to get it back with the Soapbox, and the Ballot box and yes, if necessary (although I sincerely hope it isn't), the other box."

Hear, hear!

2 comments:

  1. The author is clearly a homophobe, islamophobe, racist who lives in fly-over country. Homeland security needs to crush this seed of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with the Middle of the Right. I think anybody given a terminal diagnosis should also be given a gun, 100 rounds and pointed at Washington. I literally don't care who they shoot.

    ReplyDelete