1. Drove to Boomtown, Nevada with the two youngest kids to spend my Visa card points. Clothes, boots, a sleeping bag, three boxes of Hornady 204 Ruger and a bottle of ice tea, and I'm back to zero.
2. Cruised through Reno to view all the rods and restorations at Hot August Nights.
3. Drove to Minden and filled the truck with sweet, delicious Nevada gas at 35 cents a gallon less than Kali gas.
4. Checked in at JT's Basque Restaurant and stuffed ourselves silly. The kids had traditional roast lamb, and I had rabbit.
5. Turned two quarters into 11 with my first spin of the slot machine at the door. I quit right there, much to the amusement of the two kids.
6. Rolled back home over Carson Pass, and put a classic road trip in the books.