Wednesday, April 9, 2014

After the apocalypse, the only survivors would be cockroaches and this thing.



 It's a miracle. Only an engineer would concoct something like this, and keep it going.


  • David Latimer first planted his bottle garden in 1960 and last watered it in 1972 before tightly sealing it shut 'as an experiment'
  • The hardy spiderworts plant inside has grown to fill the 10-gallon container by surviving entirely on recycled air, nutrients and water.

  • And of course, solar energy.  I wonder how long this spiderwort will keep thriving?  Looks like it's going to outlive it's gardener.






  • 2 comments:

    1. Interesting, I like that and I like his wine rack, too.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I built one of those in a five gallon water jug when I was in about the 5th grade. It was still going strong when I went in the Navy in '67. I wonder what ever became of that. But then I wonder that about a lot of things.

      ReplyDelete