Friday, August 14, 2026

Friday Open Road

 



























8 comments:

  1. I'm a lurker and don't comment, but #3 is unbelievably awesome. Who is the artist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't labeled where I found it, but it looks like it was signed by Folkman or maybe Rolkman.

      Delete
    2. Google Lens found it, **Swirling Sky is an oil-on-panel nocturne painting created around 2025 by American plein air artist Danny Folkman,**

      Delete
  2. CW: Thank you for yet another most outstanding "Friday Open Road" photo essay.

    I don't know why but I spent several extra minutes studying the first image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Quite the rig. You'd get lots of attention if you were to drive something like that today.

      Delete
  3. It's too bad #4 isn't a real car: https://www.instagram.com/p/DSqXvlzkksu/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice collection again! The only time I saw a javelina was at a campground in Big Bend National Park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3 is a Folkman painting, view from Mullholland drive in the Hollywood hills (LA) looking north into "the valley" from somewhere along the old "Mullholland raceway" section between Coldwater canyon and deadmans curve. Spent MANY night up there between '76 and '84. Crazy times.

    ReplyDelete