And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I have 2, a cross cut and a rip, belonged to my dad. I almost mentioned them the other day when you posted a plastic handled saw.
The Disston's wooden handle is naturally more comfortable in the hand and can be slightly customized with a piece of sandpaper, especially where the horn comes over the thumb.
The Disston's will surely have a thicker blade to resist bending. Past few years I've been canvassing the trash shops around here in search of vintage tools that are salvageable and if I see some Disston's I'll probably buy them.
Have several Disston handsaws that belonged to my Dad, a lifelong carpenter. Rarely bought new saws, but he insisted on Disstons and had a guy that sharpened and set his saws for many years. Biggskye in Missouri
Back when form was as important as function.
ReplyDeleteVery little. 🤣
ReplyDeleteDiston saw. None better some feel.
ReplyDeleteGood eye. I have one the old tape too. I've collected tools way too long. Think it's a 100' one but could be 50
DeleteI have 2, a cross cut and a rip, belonged to my dad. I almost mentioned them the other day when you posted a plastic handled saw.
ReplyDeleteThe Disston's wooden handle is naturally more comfortable in the hand and can be slightly customized with a piece of sandpaper, especially where the horn comes over the thumb.
The Disston's will surely have a thicker blade to resist bending.
Past few years I've been canvassing the trash shops around here in search of vintage tools that are salvageable and if I see some Disston's I'll probably buy them.
Have several Disston handsaws that belonged to my Dad, a lifelong carpenter.
ReplyDeleteRarely bought new saws, but he insisted on Disstons and had a guy that sharpened and set his saws for many years.
Biggskye in Missouri