Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Over at the aptly named Liberty and Lead, there's a post about the necessity to practice shooting to stay even a bit proficient at it, and I find myself in full agreement with that sentiment. 

Everyone ought to have at least a good .22 handy, and to spend some time as often as possible plinking away to both have a load of fun, and to keep their shooting skills up to date. inexpensive single shot rifles are everywhere, and they make a great practice platform for anyone.  Ammo for a .22 is cheap, and it's a fine way to spend some time outdoors and with some kids, if you can round some up.

I know I have trained my three offspring in good gun safety and shooting, using multiple old .22's that I have scrounged, but I'm fortunate to live in an environment where that is easy to do. 

Sounds like a good New Year's resolution to me.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to a little more time at one of my local gun ranges. Here in South Florida, an indoor range is pretty much your only option..

    ReplyDelete