Friday, December 21, 2012

Know your Rugers! 

Has your old model single action had the safety bar system installed, allowing safe carry of a round under the hammer?

All it takes to know is a quick glance at the face of the hammer. Does it have a stair step profile, like the top gun?  Then the safety bar is installed.

If the hammer has a single face, like the gun below, then it is an original.  Keep the cylinder empty beneath the hammer.

Which is worth more to collectors?  Naturally, the unmodified old model!


4 comments:

  1. I shipped my three screw Blackhawk to Ruger and they installed the kit and returned the gun to me...with all the old parts....free. When I got it back I simply swapped the parts back to the original design and keep the conversion parts in a bag. Ya can't loose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the one. Pretty nasty hand cannon that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nasty, but in a good way. If I may say so, that is one of the nicest Blackhawks I've seen. And it makes the best muzzle flash as well. You could flash roast marshmallows with it.

      Delete