And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I would have left that on the vine a little longer to harvest the seeds for next season.
I had one hill of Kirby's that produced for 11 weeks. It started the last week of May. I have a few quarts of Dill Chips in the storage fridge. Besides pickles we do not eat much cucumber.
This came in from the garden ... the Attack of the Cucumbers !
ReplyDeleteTime to make sunny dale pickles, kind of bread and butter style, add some cinnimon.
ReplyDeleteCareful, the alien invasion is incoming.
ReplyDeleteThat one's a little over ripe. Check the cucumber patch daily, they grow overnight.
ReplyDeleteI would have left that on the vine a little longer to harvest the seeds for next season.
ReplyDeleteI had one hill of Kirby's that produced for 11 weeks. It started the last week of May. I have a few quarts of Dill Chips in the storage fridge. Besides pickles we do not eat much cucumber.