And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
When I was a little kid, seeing this huge stack of empties would make my mouth drool thinking about the amount of money I could make cashing them in at the local supermarket.
2¢/bottle in the 1960s. Collected empties along N. State St. (US 51) in Jackson, Miss. We'd always look at the bottle bottom that had the city where it was initially bottled.
If it were a "Yankee" bottle, we would buy a "Southern" bottle to drink at the Rexall counter.
When I was a little kid, seeing this huge stack of empties would make my mouth drool thinking about the amount of money I could make cashing them in at the local supermarket.
ReplyDelete2¢/bottle in the 1960s. Collected empties along N. State St. (US 51) in Jackson, Miss. We'd always look at the bottle bottom that had the city where it was initially bottled.
ReplyDeleteIf it were a "Yankee" bottle, we would buy a "Southern" bottle to drink at the Rexall counter.