And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Nope. As a former grocery worker, I used to relish performing cart corralling. It got me out of the store and into the fresh air and away from customers. As a customer now, I leave the cart near my car but out of the way of others, or where it might hit other cars. I will NOT return it to the store. It's bad enough I have to be the cashier now, too.
Well, thanks for confirming and not considering that at least here in Texas where it is windy, it will likely blow into my truck and I will curse you and your offspring 1000 times.
Exactly, you have to account for the wind in any part of Texas. A shopping cart bashing into a car and knocking out a modern modular headlight assembly can do thousands of dollars in damage. Corral those carts!
Pueblo Colorado has shopping cart laws: Pueblo colo shopping cart law Pueblo, Colorado, has an ordinance and fee schedule that holds local retail businesses financially responsible for abandoned shopping carts collected by the city. Key Rules and Ordinance Details • Initial Ordinance (September 2024): The Pueblo City Council passed an ordinance making businesses responsible for maintaining, securing, and retrieving their shopping carts. • Fee Resolution (August 2026): The city council passed a resolution (5–2 vote) to charge retailers a fee structure when city code enforcement impounds abandoned carts. • Base Impoundment Fee: Stores are charged a $35 fee for each cart collected and impounded off their property. • Storage Fees: Retailers must pay $2 per day for the storage of each impounded cart. • Disposal Fee: If a cart stays impounded for more than 30 days, a $15 disposal/administrative fee applies. • Repeat Offense Surcharges: The city can add a $50 search charge if four or more carts from a business are impounded within a 30-day period. • Total Potential Cost: Base fees can add up to $95 per cart (excluding the disposal fee or repeat surcharges).
it is also a good way too find out what kind of people are in the store too. lots of carts left where ever, lot of assholes shop there. find another store. I never shop any place that has carts all over the lot. funny thing, on senior day, the one where seniors get a break like 10% off store brands, you never see any shopping carts left in the lot they always take them back or put them in the cart space in the lot.
Remarkable. Those guys talking about toddlers and circumstances made me asking myself sime questions. „Were you shopping with toddlers during the last 45 Years (as an adult)? Yes, of course. Were you ever in a hurry. Yes, of course. Did you ever leave your cart… No! Now I get an idea what kind of people leave their coffee cups, McD Wrappers and chips bags at the side of the road or at the gas station or in elevators. They may always have a similar lame excuse…
That's way more Psychology that I ever imagined, over a stray shopping cart. Did someone write their Dissertation over a shopping cart? What about the homeless lady or dude, pushing a stolen one, away from the store... can we get a ruling on that individual?
Jordan Peterson should have created a 13th Rule - "Return your cart to the parking lot corral(s)." All carts in the Carolinas have a rear wheel locking mechanism that engages if the cart leaves the store's lot.
Being handicapped and not able to walk well, I will leave the cart on one of the islands near my car. I make sure that it will not roll off even if it is windy. Mostly I am able to give the cart to someone coming in to the store, it gets a nice thank you from the person. Plus I ask them if they left their bags in the car. That sometimes gets a reply of: back to the car. Heltau
If you borrowed a screwdriver from someones workbench, would you just drop it when you were finished with it? I would hope not. Seems to be a wee bit of "justification" going on amongst some of our number.
Here we have carts that require a coin to release them. I contend that returning g a free range trolley to a random location aids those who have no coin. The equation has been modified by the mistrust of the shop.
I seem to remember Home Depot had those carts that would not move until you squeezed the handle - no way it would roll into anything. Yet, they did away with them. I assume the auto body shops were behind their demise.
Nope. As a former grocery worker, I used to relish performing cart corralling. It got me out of the store and into the fresh air and away from customers. As a customer now, I leave the cart near my car but out of the way of others, or where it might hit other cars. I will NOT return it to the store. It's bad enough I have to be the cashier now, too.
ReplyDeleteWell, thanks for confirming and not considering that at least here in Texas where it is windy, it will likely blow into my truck and I will curse you and your offspring 1000 times.
DeleteExactly, you have to account for the wind in any part of Texas. A shopping cart bashing into a car and knocking out a modern modular headlight assembly can do thousands of dollars in damage. Corral those carts!
DeleteNow I know why the Internet said: Don't put the cart in a corral . The cart retriever needs a job too
DeleteNow we just need to print a bunch of these and put them on shopping carts.
ReplyDeleteShopping carts and 4 way stops.
ReplyDeletePueblo Colorado has shopping cart laws: Pueblo colo shopping cart law
ReplyDeletePueblo, Colorado, has an ordinance and fee schedule that holds local retail businesses financially responsible for abandoned shopping carts collected by the city.
Key Rules and Ordinance Details
• Initial Ordinance (September 2024): The Pueblo City Council passed an ordinance making businesses responsible for maintaining, securing, and retrieving their shopping carts.
• Fee Resolution (August 2026): The city council passed a resolution (5–2 vote) to charge retailers a fee structure when city code enforcement impounds abandoned carts.
• Base Impoundment Fee: Stores are charged a $35 fee for each cart collected and impounded off their property.
• Storage Fees: Retailers must pay $2 per day for the storage of each impounded cart.
• Disposal Fee: If a cart stays impounded for more than 30 days, a $15 disposal/administrative fee applies.
• Repeat Offense Surcharges: The city can add a $50 search charge if four or more carts from a business are impounded within a 30-day period.
• Total Potential Cost: Base fees can add up to $95 per cart (excluding the disposal fee or repeat surcharges).
Commies.
Deletemore laws always solve any problem. B.S.
Deleteit is also a good way too find out what kind of people are in the store too.
ReplyDeletelots of carts left where ever, lot of assholes shop there. find another store.
I never shop any place that has carts all over the lot. funny thing, on senior day,
the one where seniors get a break like 10% off store brands, you never see any shopping carts left in the lot they always take them back or put them in the cart space in the lot.
ALWAYS put mine in the cart corral, regardless of weather. At the Rural King, I return the flat cart to the store entrance.
ReplyDeleteThe self-congradulatory person who wrote this obviously never had to go to the supermarket with a baby and couple of toddlers in tow.
ReplyDeleteYep. In summer here (AZ) the locals would be screaming about leaving little ones in car alone - even if windows down and 25 yards away.
DeleteYep. Just another self-righteous rant from someone who can't understand the concept of extenuating circumstances. Simple rules for simple minds.
DeleteRemarkable. Those guys talking about toddlers and circumstances made me asking myself sime questions. „Were you shopping with toddlers during the last 45 Years (as an adult)? Yes, of course. Were you ever in a hurry. Yes, of course. Did you ever leave your cart… No!
DeleteNow I get an idea what kind of people leave their coffee cups, McD Wrappers and chips bags at the side of the road or at the gas station or in elevators. They may always have a similar lame excuse…
Indian culture (dot) would see this task as menial and that you cannot make them do it, therefore it is not done, as a proof of ones status.
ReplyDeleteThat's way more Psychology that I ever imagined, over a stray shopping cart.
ReplyDeleteDid someone write their Dissertation over a shopping cart?
What about the homeless lady or dude, pushing a stolen one, away from the store... can we get a ruling on that individual?
From my observations, blacks don't get it.
ReplyDeleteThe shopping cart is as good as any other methodology in determining who is civilized vs who is a savage.
ReplyDelete^^^ This!
DeleteJordan Peterson should have created a 13th Rule - "Return your cart to the parking lot corral(s)." All carts in the Carolinas have a rear wheel locking mechanism that engages if the cart leaves the store's lot.
ReplyDeleteBeing handicapped and not able to walk well, I will leave the cart on one of the islands near my car. I make sure that it will not roll off even if it is windy. Mostly I am able to give the cart to someone coming in to the store, it gets a nice thank you from the person. Plus I ask them if they left their bags in the car. That sometimes gets a reply of: back to the car.
ReplyDeleteHeltau
Aldi doesn't have this problem.
ReplyDeleteWritten by a nitwit that can't visualize other people with disadvantages.
ReplyDeleteGo back to Reddit
DeleteIf you borrowed a screwdriver from someones workbench, would you just drop it when you were finished with it? I would hope not.
ReplyDeleteSeems to be a wee bit of "justification" going on amongst some of our number.
Here we have carts that require a coin to release them. I contend that returning g a free range trolley to a random location aids those who have no coin. The equation has been modified by the mistrust of the shop.
ReplyDeleteI seem to remember Home Depot had those carts that would not move until you squeezed the handle - no way it would roll into anything. Yet, they did away with them. I assume the auto body shops were behind their demise.
ReplyDelete