Thursday, August 13, 2026

 


8 comments:

  1. me way too claustrophobic for that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. I saw the space capsules at the Air and Space Museum. I felt cramped just looking at Mercury. It makes the worst economy seat look like a mansion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew a guy who had done astronaut training, he didn't make it because his arms (elbow to hand) were too long for the seats.
    A lot goes into the "right stuff"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a Gemini, was around 9-10 got to watch all the live tv broadcast at school and home, exciting time, those guys did the real hard critical work leading up to Apollo, on a shoestring budget i learned years later, made the whole endeavor just that more fantastic and successful. They made all the unknowns known, a great leap from Mercury to Apollo which geared up everyone for the big show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to work with a guy that did the orbit calculations for one of the Gemini missions. Aldrin wanted to kick his ass, as he always kept his foot on the gas in the simulator and ran out of fuel. Aldrin finally did it himself and things worked just fine.

      Delete
  5. Dang! Where all da sistas that built NASA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In office far from the combustable and explosive bits.

      Delete