And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I think we may be focusing on the wrong thing. It's not that they haven't learned, it's that they CAN'T learn. To paraphrase for an artist, you can't concentrate on where the paint goes if paint is falling on you from the sky. We are all absolutely drowning in information. We don't have time to figure out which of it matters.
This actually needs to end "then I spent the next 2 hours hooking up my old VCR to the digital TV so I could force her to watch my old tape of 'Slap Shot"
When he was running his Datsun in SCCA he would come to Thursday practice up at the original Loudon NH road course, decent driver, but holy moly, he was a nasty hateful arrogant butthole, and it was strictly fun, polite, a family affair at Loudon back then, everyone got along great, except that guy. His crew would arrive first thing, unload a hundred empty 55 gal drums, roll them in a huge square, tape it off with police cordon tape, his goons would run down even little kids who crossed under it to get to the bathroom.
Dang whippersnappers.
ReplyDeletei hope it's kosher.
ReplyDeletePaul makes the best balsamic vinaigrette. And donates most the money. I never liked balsamic until I had his
ReplyDeletePaul Newman applesauce.
ReplyDeleteWondering, who’s the Paul Newman/Brad Pitt of today’s younger generations?
I've noticed that my humor has aged out.
ReplyDeleteI think we may be focusing on the wrong thing. It's not that they haven't learned, it's that they CAN'T learn. To paraphrase for an artist, you can't concentrate on where the paint goes if paint is falling on you from the sky. We are all absolutely drowning in information. We don't have time to figure out which of it matters.
ReplyDeleteThis actually needs to end "then I spent the next 2 hours hooking up my old VCR to the digital TV so I could force her to watch my old tape of 'Slap Shot"
DeleteWhen he was running his Datsun in SCCA he would come to Thursday practice up at the original Loudon NH road course, decent driver, but holy moly, he was a nasty hateful arrogant butthole, and it was strictly fun, polite, a family affair at Loudon back then, everyone got along great, except that guy. His crew would arrive first thing, unload a hundred empty 55 gal drums, roll them in a huge square, tape it off with police cordon tape, his goons would run down even little kids who crossed under it to get to the bathroom.
ReplyDelete