Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Mirage 2000N

 


4 comments:

  1. Pretty good jet for its day, still formidable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only tangentially related to this pic, I read an article yesterday claiming that the last existing SR 71 that was on display somewhere in CA has been removed. The article also stated that a bunch of people that worked on the SR-71 program have been consulted about coming out of retirement to work on an SR-72 program. Propaganda? Maybe. I'd think a large % of those people would be enjoying life in another dimension by now.

    Nemo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the most recently flying SR-71, used by NASA to test hypersonic technologies. I surmise they want to use it again, and are consulting the people who were supporting it when it worked for NASA, not who designed and built it in the 60's/70's.
      ART

      Delete
  3. Cool airplane. Puts on a heck of an airshow. Took a Strike Eagle to an airshow in France one time and got to sit in one of these. Good piece of kit, though range and payload wasn't great.

    ReplyDelete