And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I had no problem with the crazy seas. The higher and rougher the better for me while others were puking.... but those LOOONG 10ft swells???? Devastating on my tummy!!!
That takes me back to my days serving aboard the USS Park County, LST 1077, back in the 60's. The flat bottom hull of LSTs makes for one heck of a ride in foul weather! I was fortunate to never get seasick, no matter the weather, Some of my shipmates on that ship weren't as lucky!
I went on a scuba diving trip off of Cape Hatteras, and the boat was tossed around like crazy, and I puked my guts out over the side. The one and only time I got seasick.
took a break from watching the Hurricane chasers, on Max Velocity.
ReplyDeletecan only imagine what it'd be like to be out there!
I had no problem with the crazy seas. The higher and rougher the better for me while others were puking.... but those LOOONG 10ft swells???? Devastating on my tummy!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't go over the side!
ReplyDeleteYa' know how not to get seasick? Don't go out in something like that.
ReplyDeleteThat takes me back to my days serving aboard the USS Park County, LST 1077, back in the 60's. The flat bottom hull of LSTs makes for one heck of a ride in foul weather! I was fortunate to never get seasick, no matter the weather, Some of my shipmates on that ship weren't as lucky!
ReplyDeleteI went on a scuba diving trip off of Cape Hatteras, and the boat was tossed around like crazy, and I puked my guts out over the side. The one and only time I got seasick.
ReplyDelete