Sunday, September 27, 2026

Classic! Along with the S&W Model 41.


 

12 comments:

  1. Bought one 5 years ago. Prettiest firearm I own. A little fussy about ammo but a hoot to shoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a 1963 Colt Woodsman Match Target, It's no medalist buy it's also a very good looking shooting iron!

      Delete
  2. … and the Browning Medalist…!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one of the most lethal men I ever met in life carried a Browning Medalist.
      but he worked it over quite a bit. shorter barrel, no sights on it. just a grove he made along the top of it. grips where thin and fit his hand. auto body plastic
      looked like hell, but he could pull it and dump the magazine into a playing card at 25 yards in no time at all. he used to be in the OSS back in WW2
      grew up with Mom and her friends before the war. nice guy too.
      he scared the shit out of me as a kid. he taught me a few things that I have
      not forgotten. he was also very good with a knife. his was maybe 4 inches
      long.

      Delete
  3. Good luck finding one in good condition....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw a nice one Saturday in Tucson (Murphy's if anyone is looking) - almost went for it, but the 45LC was calling louder.

      Delete
  4. I might add the Beretta 76 to that list. Steve_in_Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
  5. To each his own I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shot a friend's Hi-Standard "Victor" some years ago and was impressed by its accuracy and balance. All of these types of pistols are a joy to shoot and easy on the hand, wrist and wallet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Hi-Standard Sport King from the 1960s. Still accurate and very easy to shoot. My kids all grew up with that as the first gun they used.

      Delete
    2. I too have a Hi-Standard (along with a '88 or '89 S&W 622_. I could shoot them for hours on end.

      Delete
  7. Hand craft produced weapons are industrial art.

    ReplyDelete