Saturday, August 8, 2026

Well used. Next time, get a hardback.

 


7 comments:

  1. That’s the copy that he swam off the island with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should send you a photo of one of my copies of a Harry Potter hardback; the cover's falling off and the pages are falling off the spine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Customer: I forget the name of the book, written by some guy named Dumb ass

    Bookseller: That’s Dumas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kind of long for a sandwich recipe, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, French is pretty incompressible or was that incomprehensible?....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worked with a woman that had a degree from a college in Quebec. She said when she had do Papers based on length, if she had a lot to say she wrote in English, if she did not have much to say shed wrote in French. She always met the length requirements.

      Delete
  6. Well it turns out the French version is longer than the English translation. Only because the English is missing a few lost chapters. But if the chapter about the 2 lesbian lovers on a road trip made it into the English version, then I'll pass on the missing French chapters. That's some wasted time I'll never get back.

    ReplyDelete