Saturday, August 8, 2026

ROBERT LADUKE

 


9 comments:

  1. Q: what style would you call this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t give a name to the style, but I’ve seen similar work done for National Parks and the like, and it strikes me as resonant with streamline moderne. But that’s a gut reaction, not real analysis.

      Delete
    2. Art Deco would be my guess.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I did think about 'art deco' because of the solid colours but it didn't seem to me to be an appropriate subject for an art deco piece. I didn't know that the IGY had a style...and will be googling both it and 'streamline moderne'.
      That being said, i did do a google search to see if there was a windows program that would zoom an image to 4'x6' and segment it for printing on an hp deskjet....because that would look great on my wall.

      Delete
  2. There is always that call to bag it all, and buy a live-aboard seaplane...and explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That call to bag it all seems to be getting louder and louder. Better start checking prices on "Float Planes R US."

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of a toy I bought for my son many years ago

    ReplyDelete