And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I seem to remember reading in the '80s that the NHRA made supercharger retention straps mandatory after a fatal incident where a supercharger was launched into the stands. Al_in_Ottawa
Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly
ReplyDeleteYou knocked his block off!
ReplyDeleteToo much pressure in the supercharger?
ReplyDelete...and THAT, boys and girls, is why we strap the top-end down! hehehe
ReplyDeleteI seem to remember reading in the '80s that the NHRA made supercharger retention straps mandatory after a fatal incident where a supercharger was launched into the stands.
ReplyDeleteAl_in_Ottawa
I watched one lainch about 100' up then land about thiety feet from where I sat. It landed on the strip side of the wall, but only barely.
DeleteI thought I was seeing the start of a new Transformers movie.
ReplyDeleteNitro methane is an explosive of sorts afterall.
ReplyDelete1,050 HP per cylinder in AA Fuel and Funny Car nowadays. The nitro is so
Deletepacked in the cylinder, it almost becomes a solid.
Bubbarust