Monday, July 20, 2026

Doing the Splits

 


3 comments:

  1. I remember my late father-in-law doing exactly that on his son's sailboat in Mystic CT. My FIL, his daughter (my wife) and I were returning from a sail, and preparing to tie up in the slip. We were on vacation and the boat owner, my brother-n-law, was away working at his printing business. I can still picture Dad with one foot on the dock, the other foot on the boat, and the separation between the two growing by the second. Needless to say, after falling in, he was pretty embarrassed, but my wife and I pulled him out quickly. The other thing I recall from that incident, is that it was a chilly day, and Dad was wearing a beautiful handcrafted woolen Irish sweater that was on the boat. My BIL had recently purchased it while on a trip to Ireland. I don't think we ever told him about that little mishap, lest we be forbidden from using the boat going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to bet that she's clean as a whistle down there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this that same gal from that other pic straddling the rocks?

    ReplyDelete