And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Years ago, I thought that the lovely Mrs. azlib needed her own handgun and that her handgun should be the PPK. What a mistake. While its small and therefore concealable, it carries a substandard cartridge and the magazine holds just 6. And did I mention that its snappy? Yeah, its snappy. Oh, yeah.....I nearly forgot.....when the gun goes to slide lock, she doesn't have the hand strength to slingshot it back into action. As I said, overall, that PPK was a mistake.
During the Summer of Love (sic), she felt the need for a little sumpin' sumpin' and we ended up with S&W Shield EZ in 9mm. Its a better gun for her, but still not perfect. The EZ operation of the slide means that it also comes with a grip safety, which she sometimes doesn't grip tightly enough to disengage. That's a training problem, which reminds me that we're overdue a trip to the range.
I carried a PPK in 22lr for years while overseas. nice quiet weapon that just worked every time I needed it. and back then anyway, 22lr ammo could be had anywhere too. lost mine in the divorce and spent more than 5 years trying to find another one to replace it. I did but it did cost me many times more than I paid for the first one over 50 years ago. there is nothing better than old world German steel. funny thing is the "new ones" look and feel like crap to the older ones. and magazines cost a hell of a lot more now for the old ones too.
I concur with the PPK but the slippers are a tad too casual,
ReplyDeleteI carry a 5.7, but the Benchmade is close to identical.
ReplyDeleteLovely pistola. They shoot so well, nice flat easy to conceal.
ReplyDeleteCC9 is the new PPK. Within a very few millimeters of being the same size and 12+1 9mm. Bond would have ditched the PPK a long time ago.
ReplyDeleteYears ago, I thought that the lovely Mrs. azlib needed her own handgun and that her handgun should be the PPK. What a mistake. While its small and therefore concealable, it carries a substandard cartridge and the magazine holds just 6. And did I mention that its snappy? Yeah, its snappy. Oh, yeah.....I nearly forgot.....when the gun goes to slide lock, she doesn't have the hand strength to slingshot it back into action. As I said, overall, that PPK was a mistake.
ReplyDeleteDuring the Summer of Love (sic), she felt the need for a little sumpin' sumpin' and we ended up with S&W Shield EZ in 9mm. Its a better gun for her, but still not perfect. The EZ operation of the slide means that it also comes with a grip safety, which she sometimes doesn't grip tightly enough to disengage. That's a training problem, which reminds me that we're overdue a trip to the range.
azlibertarian
Nice purse.
ReplyDeleteI carried a PPK in 22lr for years while overseas. nice quiet weapon that just worked every time I needed it. and back then anyway, 22lr ammo could be had anywhere
ReplyDeletetoo. lost mine in the divorce and spent more than 5 years trying to find another one to replace it. I did but it did cost me many times more than I paid for the first one over 50 years ago. there is nothing better than old world German steel.
funny thing is the "new ones" look and feel like crap to the older ones.
and magazines cost a hell of a lot more now for the old ones too.