And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
YUMMY!!! My US Marine Vietnam veteran group held a reunion last week in Kansas City. We enjoyed a KC BBQ meal from Arthur Bryant's ... the world-famous KC BBQ restaurant.
I live in KC. Arthur Bryant's is great. I like Joe's KC, too, but it's always too crowded. My go-to is a place in Independence called Smokehouse. Then there are a million little mom-and-pop places like LC's that are excellent.
Back in the '80s I drank Lone Star longnecks on the regular. Always enjoyed it. I understand that the brewery has been sold a number of times since then. Anyone know if it still tastes the same? Haven't seen it in my parts in quite a few years.
Back in the good old days a tour of the Longhorn Hall of Horns down at the Lone Star Brewery came with a token for a cold Lone Star on tap at the bar. I think somebody is still making Lone Star somewhere. I've been away from San Antonio for a long time.
My grandmother had an old folks bar. She had Pearl Light on tap and Lone Star longnecks in the cooler. She owned the building and the other 2/3rds was a Tex/Mex restaurant with a sliding glass door to their kitchen. This was in San Antonio and I had Crypto school as prior service. I slept on her couch hide a bed and worked in the bar after class. I banked all of my per diem.
YUMMY!!! My US Marine Vietnam veteran group held a reunion last week in Kansas City. We enjoyed a KC BBQ meal from Arthur Bryant's ... the world-famous KC BBQ restaurant.
ReplyDeleteI live in KC. Arthur Bryant's is great. I like Joe's KC, too, but it's always too crowded. My go-to is a place in Independence called Smokehouse. Then there are a million little mom-and-pop places like LC's that are excellent.
DeleteAnyway, glad you enjoyed your visit!
Back in the '80s I drank Lone Star longnecks on the regular.
ReplyDeleteAlways enjoyed it.
I understand that the brewery has been sold a number of times since then.
Anyone know if it still tastes the same?
Haven't seen it in my parts in quite a few years.
Looks like a good Texas breakfast to me. Yes, LS is still around. It's still good in an ice cold long neck on a hot day.
ReplyDeleteBack in the good old days a tour of the Longhorn Hall of Horns down at the Lone Star Brewery came with a token for a cold Lone Star on tap at the bar. I think somebody is still making Lone Star somewhere. I've been away from San Antonio for a long time.
ReplyDeleteMy grandmother had an old folks bar. She had Pearl Light on tap and Lone Star longnecks in the cooler. She owned the building and the other 2/3rds was a Tex/Mex restaurant with a sliding glass door to their kitchen. This was in San Antonio and I had Crypto school as prior service. I slept on her couch hide a bed and worked in the bar after class. I banked all of my per diem.
ReplyDeleteLord those wibs look awful tasty.
ReplyDeleteLife is too short to drink crappy beer. BBQ looks great though.
ReplyDelete