And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I have a couple of old tins that car parts came in . yup, Brit parts I think from the 1950's or so. they live in my tool box holding small parts/tools you have no idea how many times I have asked if I want to sell one of them. cleaned out a old guys shop and scored tons of old neat stuff like above. made out like mad at the car show at Hershey that year ! had a old lighted Airquip (?) sign that one guy offered me 500 for. yup, it went home with him.
in that old guys stuff was a STP sticker from Daytona . that one I kept and put on my old tool box. seems like that made special stickers for the races and gave them out to the pit crews/racers I guess. I looked it up and it was from 64-65 there about. sold the tool box to my brother when I moved as it was huge and I had no real place to put it here.
I have a couple of old tins that car parts came in . yup, Brit parts I think from the 1950's or so. they live in my tool box holding small parts/tools
ReplyDeleteyou have no idea how many times I have asked if I want to sell one of them.
cleaned out a old guys shop and scored tons of old neat stuff like above.
made out like mad at the car show at Hershey that year !
had a old lighted Airquip (?) sign that one guy offered me 500 for. yup, it went home with him.
An STP sticker was the Holy Grail of stickerdom.
ReplyDeletein that old guys stuff was a STP sticker from Daytona . that one I kept and put on my old tool box. seems like that made special stickers for the races
Deleteand gave them out to the pit crews/racers I guess. I looked it up and it was from 64-65 there about. sold the tool box to my brother when I moved as it was huge and I had no real place to put it here.
Nice collection, particularly like the Champion spark plug sign.
ReplyDelete