And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Stetson also manufactured hats in Danbury, CT. They had a factory store there in the 70's. In 1977 I stopped and bought a 5X beaver hat. I was on my way to Wyoming to work the oil patch and figured I needed one.I still have/wear it 49 years later. A few holes but a great hat.
very nice, my choice if I were a hat wearing sort.
ReplyDeleteA boy with a plan
ReplyDeleteA natural man
Wearing a white Stetson hat
Many of you may not know this, but Stetson hats were first manufactured in Philadelphia ... and still were into the mid-1900s
ReplyDeleteStetson also manufactured hats in Danbury, CT. They had a factory store there in the 70's. In 1977 I stopped and bought a 5X beaver hat. I was on my way to Wyoming to work the oil patch and figured I needed one.I still have/wear it 49 years later. A few holes but a great hat.
DeleteOrigin of Stetson Hats: Stetson hats originated in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1865, when John B. Stetson founded the John B. Stetson Company.
DeleteAnd there are damn few cowboys in Oak Ridge. Tennessee, anyway. Pigs 'n shine, you betcha. Cows? Ummmm, not so much.
ReplyDelete