Thursday, September 17, 2026

Comfortable Living Space, especially if you like sharing that space with your Porsche.

 


14 comments:

  1. Too much. There is such a thing as too much love. Like people who treat their pets as children. This is too much. I'm sorry, but I feel compelled to say it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes people cannot have children, or maybe they just never clicked with another set of DNA to make any, but they still have a capacity, a need, to love.
      That's where a cat or a dog, or maybe an alligator, can save that person's emotional life.
      I grew up with dogs in the family, even the days when my friends were busy elsewhere I was never alone, there was always a (insert various names of pet dogs here) ... that is until 1987 when my dog Emma was hit and killed by a truck, shortly after we moved into a new house, and before I had built a fence.
      I wasn't alone then, had a wife and 2 children, but losing our dog was much the same as losing a child (haven't lost a child as yet so obviously that is guesswork, but you get my drift).
      Anyway, that broke my heart, and I promised myself never to open my heart to an animal again, became, I guess, a bit like you, cold, hard, basically made of marble and without a heart or warmth.
      But then in 1999, I was a single guy again, kids staying on the weekend, bought myself a house (again, but just me this time) and the neighbour's cats would all, there were lots of them, run over to my place when I came home from work, because once I had thrown a piece of fish out in the garden ... for all intents, as far as they were concerned, an open invite for free food ... one of those felines started to forget to go back home, and so, after talking to the neighbours it was decided that she would stay living with me.
      Seems like over the next two day she grew fat and on March 1st 2000 (the last year of the previous century, not the first year of this one ... think about it) she popped out 4 kittens.
      The first of those was a ginger boy cat and he was my best mate and companion for the next 20 years ... I was building houses back then, as soon as the concrete was laid I would take him along with me, as the frames went up he would be climbing them, checking for plumb, checking for square.
      Only cat I have ever known who would chase a toy mouse thrown, and bring it back, only stopping when he was panting and really worn out.
      He died in 2020, I had gone into to hospital for 3 weeks to have a quadruple heart bypass, and as he would wait on the fence for me to come home each day, we figured that the 2 days before my daughter was able to get there to look after him, he had gone looking for me and was hit by a car, didn't find out until a few months later, when my then neighbour told me he had buried him in his garden.
      Anyhow, Mr. or Ms. Anonymous, I rant on, for sure, but people that treat their pets as children ??? yeah, you mean humans.

      Delete
    2. Point taken, Mr Rocket. But it was Socrates who pointed out that doting over pets can reach a ridiculous level in democracies. So I'm in good company.

      Delete
    3. Mr. Rocket. I have lost pets, many. I have also lost a child. They are in no way "much the same".
      You need help.

      Delete
  2. Guessing an outside stairway to the sleeping mezzanine.
    Be a bit cold in winter.
    I'd have an Alfa Romeo, far prettier, probably the 159, as the fronts of them are probably the best looking of all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a garage that they moved a bed and sofa into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Dummies? The comments are based on the picture as presented. Get over yourself.

      Delete
    2. And yet another AI weenie has to announce his "superior" observation capabilities, and this one has to be a dummy as well.

      Delete
  5. I wanted a living room with a Triumph Bonnie and my 650 Yamaha XS2. Still do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once intentionally rented a "2" bedroom apartment for the sake of having 1 bedroom for my dirtbikes. It wasn't out of love. It was for security.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Porchee just needs a saucer of libation and favorite Binky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems to be no way to access the bed loft so probably AI.

    ReplyDelete