Saturday, August 29, 2026

Supposedly, using hiking poles like this takes 15% of the strain off your knees.

 



Commission Earned

9 comments:

  1. The heck with the hiking poles, I love that lovely young lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Improperly used they bugger up the shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful for downhill if you've bad (or old) knees. And tungsten tips are great if it is slippery. I have hiked the Grand Canyon down to the bottom and back twice, once with, and once without, and it is so much nicer with them. Night & day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use them at Disneyland, and other general walking around. They take some of the load off my back, and help with breathing by expanding my chest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son walked the length of New Zealand. He said poles make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We both have used them for years. Rubber tips over the metal ones are useful on pavement. Especially helpful if you are old like me and your balance sucks, also like me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First brought them along for packing elk out of the backcountry, have been using them ever since.

    ReplyDelete