Friday, August 28, 2026

Snapping turtle takes no attitude from a bird

 


9 comments:

  1. I remember snorkeling in the river as a teen, the water was a little silty that day, and suddenly I bumped into the snout of a snapping turtle. Beak to plate glass!
    I don't which of us were more surprised. But we both reversed course and beat feet... err... flippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caught a snapping turtle as big as a car tire while fishing in a bayou in East Texas. I thought I had snagged a log. Just as I pulled it far enough up to see it, the line snapped, and it went back down. He's probably still alive, with a bluegill hook in its beak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That big would probably be an Alligator Snapper.

      Delete
  3. awful smooth shell for a snapper. soft shells bite too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's an African Helmeted turtle instead of a snapping turtle.
      Al_in_Ottawa

      Delete
    2. That isn't a Snapper.

      Delete
  4. Don't you just love Uber pigeon meal delivery?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, THAT escalated quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My box turtles were fighting over a leopard frog they caught in the rain a couple of nights ago. Not sure how they caught it but they made a meal out of it.

    ReplyDelete