Saturday, May 9, 2026

Everything wants to hurt you in the desert

 


11 comments:

  1. Maybe instead, everything wants to be left alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed pliers rather than tweezers to pull out the thorns the last time I got too close to the wrong part of the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love how dead quiet it gets out there far from people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! I made a song with exactly that theme, and almost the same title: https://rumble.com/v792z2g-in-the-desert-cover-by-moi.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mentioned on the job in the New Mexico desert that everything in the desert, animal, vegetable and mineral, wants to stick something in you. My quite not unattractive mid 50s looks mid 30s female boss agreed. it was like being in a room with a grenade with the pin pulled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything hurts, period.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Playing golf in AZ, the range master drives around in a cart with a set of pliers to pull cactus thorns out of golfers who hit in the rough, cholla is especially bad, brush up against it and the whole limb breaks off and then stabs you with the entire length of the branch, been there, done that. I hate cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pods all look like they're gonna say "feed me"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lived here my whole life. Very rarely get cactus on me. You have to learn to live with it, not fear it!

    Tom762

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time in the desert I picked a prickly pear. It sure didn't look prickly.

    ReplyDelete