And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
My eldest brother's wife developed Alzheimer's and had to go into a care home. My brother, happily married for 55 years found himself at a loss. So me, being the perfect kid brother, sent him emails on how to make basic, but good, food (we live in different countries) and those emails progressed into carrying some jokes, comments on life, stuff like that, basically to give him something to look forward to now that his days are bereft of close family company. Yeah, angel that I am, in amongst those emails I sent a few of these 'Where's the bloody cat ?' pictures, keep his brain active and all .... but because i can't help being me, and being the kid brother, sometimes I send him a picture I have taken myself, of some rocks, or maybe some branches, and label them 'Where's the bloody cat ?' Even though there is not a cat in the picture. That'll keep his mind working acutely.
i put a can of tuna in the electric can opener and he came running. that was easy
ReplyDeletejust a whisker to the center right.
ReplyDeleteThat one was easier than usual.
ReplyDeleteAbout 60 degrees up from dead center, about a quarter of the way to the top of the frame.
ReplyDeleteMy eldest brother's wife developed Alzheimer's and had to go into a care home.
ReplyDeleteMy brother, happily married for 55 years found himself at a loss.
So me, being the perfect kid brother, sent him emails on how to make basic, but good, food (we live in different countries) and those emails progressed into carrying some jokes, comments on life, stuff like that, basically to give him something to look forward to now that his days are bereft of close family company.
Yeah, angel that I am, in amongst those emails I sent a few of these 'Where's the bloody cat ?' pictures, keep his brain active and all .... but because i can't help being me, and being the kid brother, sometimes I send him a picture I have taken myself, of some rocks, or maybe some branches, and label them 'Where's the bloody cat ?'
Even though there is not a cat in the picture.
That'll keep his mind working acutely.
Actually two cats.
ReplyDelete