And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
If you could catch it all the better when I played dodge ball.
ReplyDeleteWe called it 'Murderball'. Steve_in_Ottawa
ReplyDeleteIt developed reflexes
ReplyDeleteIt was to fighting in settling disputes
ReplyDeleteIn the background, George W. Bush in his first post college job coaching.
ReplyDeleteWe used volley balls down in Hayward.
ReplyDeleteIf you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball
ReplyDeleteWe called it...something else I can't repeat here.
ReplyDeleteGod I loved dodgeball. And a version of free style rugby ( I guess) called , “Smear-the-Queer”.
ReplyDelete