And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I had one of those when I was a senior in HS in 79. I had the base model with a 440, 4 speed, and 4:11 limited slip out back. It had the gage kit and AM/FM radio as the only options. The odometer was stuck on 92k miles and had been that way for a couple of years. It was a sun bleached red and had a musty smell I could not get out even with new carpet. The car was a wore out rust bucket and I tried to revive it with head gaskets, mild decking and de-carboning the head, carb rebuild, basic tune-up, battery, radiator, tires and a brake job to get it rolling. It got 9 mpg and used a quart of oil every tank of fuel but it would haul ass in a strait line. When gas jumped from 49 cents a gallon to 79 cents the Cuda had to go.
Dukes of Hazard was a big hit at the time and any Mopar was popular. I see 40 year old Cuda's being restored on TV that were in better condition than the one I had in 79. I am 65 and I thought I needed one more muscle car. I have a 440 Hp pickup with over a thousand pounds of Tq.
Looks like a plastic drink bottle with the cap off
ReplyDeleteI'd commute in that
ReplyDeleteBackaruda
ReplyDeleteI had one of those when I was a senior in HS in 79. I had the base model with a 440, 4 speed, and 4:11 limited slip out back. It had the gage kit and AM/FM radio as the only options. The odometer was stuck on 92k miles and had been that way for a couple of years. It was a sun bleached red and had a musty smell I could not get out even with new carpet. The car was a wore out rust bucket and I tried to revive it with head gaskets, mild decking and de-carboning the head, carb rebuild, basic tune-up, battery, radiator, tires and a brake job to get it rolling. It got 9 mpg and used a quart of oil every tank of fuel but it would haul ass in a strait line. When gas jumped from 49 cents a gallon to 79 cents the Cuda had to go.
ReplyDeleteDukes of Hazard was a big hit at the time and any Mopar was popular. I see 40 year old Cuda's being restored on TV that were in better condition than the one I had in 79. I am 65 and I thought I needed one more muscle car. I have a 440 Hp pickup with over a thousand pounds of Tq.