Friday, August 28, 2026

Tin Tin has cool gear

 


6 comments:

  1. Grew up reading Tin Tin in French no less, the English and Spanish versions came much later. Fantastic adventures and characters for a young lad to aspire to, still are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Europe's answer to Jonny Quest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Tin-Tin predates Johnny Quest.
    Shark-shaped submarine would be "shut up & take my money" levels of cool. Seen some shark-shaped submersibles, but they're more for speeding on the top of the water, and they don't really stay underwater.
    Still trying to track down a movie or TV show I saw once, with a submarine that could emerge from the water and fly. And I would've sworn George Takei was a Chinese agent in it. But I could've dreamt the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 3 Stooges built a helicopter submarine on tracks.

      Delete
    2. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

      UFO

      Delete
    3. Yeah, voyage to the bottom of the sea had that little sub that could be launched underwater and it could break the surface and fly.

      Delete