Friday, August 28, 2026

I bet it's a job to change the bulbs on those lights on the overhang

 


11 comments:

  1. Probably safest to hire a truck with a cherry picker for a job like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a house like that...those bulbs are not your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget those lights, just see how easy it is to clean those windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did much the same with a gull wing roofed house I built.
    The lights were accessed via a sealed flap on the roof, with was itself accessed from the roof deck.
    But as Auntie Ana says, those windows !
    I would have one of those magnetic aquarium cleaners parked at the bottom of each high window, remote controlled, powered by a small nuclear reactor that is fed by distilled jack Daniels and sugar free Coke ... or in other words, dirt windows.
    The parked vehicle on the left .... I hope the residents have no small children, because they will get squished if they walk in the massive blind spot ... sheesh, if you have money, buy an Italian sports car, in which you can see the road 3 feet in front of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guarantee that it is SOMEONE ELSE'S job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Outer Sunset in SF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why they call it the overhang.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New Bulb - $14.98
    Boom Lift Rental - $275 per hour, 3 hour minimum
    Equipment Delivery and pick up - $325
    Licensed Electrician Labor - $155 an hour, 3 hour minimum.
    City permit to effect an electrical repair with power equipment
    blocking public right of way (sidewalk) - $800.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Next time have the architect design interior access panels so that the bulbs
    are replaceable from inside the overhang.

    ReplyDelete