And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Let's hope that skill won't be needed. But they way things are going, buying a wood cook stove is a wise form of insurance. I have a Portland Stove Company Queen Atlantic that is all hooked up and ready.
Nothing like a kitchen all warm and toasty from one of those wood cookstoves. I got baths, in a wash tub on bricks set up on top of one, the oven door open so when you got set down to dry off you would not catch a sudden chill before you dried off. One of my fondest memories, we had a big double oven model, cause our house was originally a colonial era coach road inn.
soon to be worth it's weight in gold.
ReplyDeletewhat material is it sitting on
ReplyDeleteIt was a rare skill to be able to cook in and on one of these stoves keeping the fire lit properly so the food did not turn to charcoal.
ReplyDeleteLet's hope that skill won't be needed. But they way things are going, buying a wood cook stove is a wise form of insurance. I have a Portland Stove Company Queen Atlantic that is all hooked up and ready.
Deletethe definition of Heavy Metal.
ReplyDeleteI use cast iron, but I doubt I'm ready to wrangle a wood burning stove.
Nothing like a kitchen all warm and toasty from one of those wood cookstoves. I got baths, in a wash tub on bricks set up on top of one, the oven door open so when you got set down to dry off you would not catch a sudden chill before you dried off. One of my fondest memories, we had a big double oven model, cause our house was originally a colonial era coach road inn.
ReplyDelete