And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
When I was a kid we'd drive from LA up to Eugene, my dad's best friend had 100 acres up there. I can still remember the concrete mileage posts on the side of the road, they said we were getting closer and this sitting in the back of the car forever was going to end!
Before it turned into the current left-wing hell hole it is today...
ReplyDeleteEugene 60 years ago? Looks like '40s or '50s car over on the right.
ReplyDeleteMore like 80
DeleteThere's one exactly like that in Bedford, Virginia.
ReplyDeleteWe had an identical one in Albany, OR when I lived there in the early 60s.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a kid we'd drive from LA up to Eugene, my dad's best friend had 100 acres up there. I can still remember the concrete mileage posts on the side of the road, they said we were getting closer and this sitting in the back of the car forever was going to end!
ReplyDelete