Friday, July 31, 2026

Would I ever commute in that!

 


11 comments:

  1. Hop in back, kids, let’s go get milkshakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throw some sandbags in the bed if you drive it in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's my car, and I'm driving it.", said my drunk friend shortly before he wrapped his late 60s El Camino around a tree in 1974. God looks after fools and drunks (he was both), because he didn't get a scratch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say we know the same guy, but this fellow lived in Ontario, CA. Glad I wasn't with him that day!

      Delete
  4. I had a 1970 SS 396, royal blue metallic, white stripes, white vinyl roof, light blue interior, auto on the floor, full power and electric. A gorgeous ride. Paid $1800 for it in 1973.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be commuting to your part time job as well just to keep premium in that beast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bought a 71 new with a 350. Cost $4500

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWAvlqnjHtI

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought one off one of those fly by night used car lots back in the 70s. I was just married and broke and it was a piece of crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoulda said regular El Camino not an SS. Only remember it was lemon yellow.

      Delete
  9. The unrivaled king of oversteer.

    ReplyDelete