Wednesday, September 30, 2026

I'd call that the Stinger. Or the Bumble Bee.

 


9 comments:

  1. Is that a pistol scope?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Contender only pretends to be a pistol.

      It is an addiction that can easily get out of hand. I had 4 barrels for mine when I sold it. Each barrel had an optic that was worth more than the barrel.

      Delete
  2. Silly gun - had one in early 80s with two barrels. It departed shortly after I got it. Not really useful - even for just plinking IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too had a Contender .35 caliber. I really liked that pistol but sold it to help pay for a Marlin lever action 45-70. To damn old to shoot that 45-70 due to a shoulder injury. Getting old sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try 325 grain cast bullets over 13 grains of Trail Boss powder. In a rifle it shoots softer than a 22LR.
      At 500 yards you'll have time to set the rifle on the bench and have a sip of coffee before the projectile gets to where it's going.

      Delete
  4. I would never waste the money on such a silly contraption. I am a real rifle or a real pistol man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Thompson contender is a real pistol that in real hands will outshoot a real rifle In the hands of almost anyone who Is silly enough to dismiss it as silly. Visit your local IHMSA match and watch these pistols, with just iron sights, knock down 45 lb coyote-sized targets at 200 meters with almost every trigger pull. Compare that to your average hunter with his deer rifle on sight-in day.
    And if you think a superbly accurate single shot pistol is silly for hunting, you probably couldn't do archery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love me Contender, its what got me into machining and welding my own barrels for them, because could'nt find a 16 inch .44 mag barrel for deer hunting, cause a Contender carbine with a large bore size makes pretty much the handiest lite weight rifle going. Don't take much to do quick reloads, if you need one that is. Did up a 16 inch 410ga aka .44 long colt, fantastic grouse getter, swings like a dream on those cruise missiles with feathers.

    ReplyDelete