And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I was 19 when my Dad bought the same model, just in silver. It was probably the fastest car I had driven up to that point. I took it cross country on my honeymoon in 1967.
Looked at a '64 just like this about 20 years ago. Great price. Claimed it was "restored".
Unfortunately, the floors were completely rusted out and covered over with sheet metal that had been screwed down over the rust (you could see the other ends of the screws when you looked under the car), and the differential had a definite whine to it. I thankfully passed on the car.
I’d buy that car a beer
ReplyDeleteWould
ReplyDeleteand a drop top to boot ,BIG money to buy now.
ReplyDeleteOooo! 455 power.
ReplyDeleteSorry, the biggest Buick engine in 1964 was the 425.
DeleteI was 19 when my Dad bought the same model, just in silver. It was probably the fastest car I had driven up to that point. I took it cross country on my honeymoon in 1967.
ReplyDeleteLooked at a '64 just like this about 20 years ago. Great price. Claimed it was "restored".
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, the floors were completely rusted out and covered over with sheet metal that had been screwed down over the rust (you could see the other ends of the screws when you looked under the car), and the differential had a definite whine to it. I thankfully passed on the car.
But from 50 feet she was a looker...
In the words of David Freiberg: "Good from afar; up close, far-from-good."
Delete