And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
A month or so ago, I had to get a rental while my SUV was in the body shop. Everything in the vehicle, a Ford Escape, was a screen with a rotary dial for a shifter. The speedo is a screen with an alpha numeric number on it forcing several seconds with eyes not on the road to understand what I was looking at. Then there was the engine shut down at a red light which startled the crap out me and almost forced me into another accident. it took me a half a minute to figure how to shut the AC off.
Give me analog gauges and switches any day. Modern cars are crap, not to mention they broadcast your whereabouts as you're driving everywhere.
Just glanced at the odometer on my 2007 Silverado Classic Crew Cab Diesel today. It just hit 120,000 miles ( it's at 120,006 - damn, just missed seeing it turn over ). I've had it since 2009. Every year I drop a couple of $1000 into it to either replace or upgrade parts. It drives better than our 2022 Yukon Xl. The LBZ is hands down the best Duramax diesel Chevy ever made and combined with the Allison 1000 transmission it's virtually bulletproof. It's the last year before they loaded them up with extra emission components, urea injection and CP4 fuel pumps. I'm 76 and although I've had a lot of people ask if it's for sale ( I could probably just about get the $30K I paid for it back today ) I plan on keeping it for the duration as it's virtually rust free. Never had anything fail on it that I couldn't repair at home. Change the oil religiously every 5000 mi. and use a fuel additive.
🤣
ReplyDeleteA month or so ago, I had to get a rental while my SUV was in the body shop. Everything in the vehicle, a Ford Escape, was a screen with a rotary dial for a shifter. The speedo is a screen with an alpha numeric number on it forcing several seconds with eyes not on the road to understand what I was looking at. Then there was the engine shut down at a red light which startled the crap out me and almost forced me into another accident. it took me a half a minute to figure how to shut the AC off.
ReplyDeleteGive me analog gauges and switches any day. Modern cars are crap, not to mention they broadcast your whereabouts as you're driving everywhere.
Nemo
I'm driving my 2012 Camry until it or I fall apart... so far the car is winning.
Delete2016 Honda Odyssey ... adjusting the stereo's tone control takes 8-12 button pushes on a touch screen. No way to do that while you're driving.
DeleteJust glanced at the odometer on my 2007 Silverado Classic Crew Cab Diesel today. It just hit 120,000 miles ( it's at 120,006 - damn, just missed seeing it turn over ). I've had it since 2009. Every year I drop a couple of $1000 into it to either replace or upgrade parts. It drives better than our 2022 Yukon Xl. The LBZ is hands down the best Duramax diesel Chevy ever made and combined with the Allison 1000 transmission it's virtually bulletproof. It's the last year before they loaded them up with extra emission components, urea injection and CP4 fuel pumps. I'm 76 and although I've had a lot of people ask if it's for sale ( I could probably just about get the $30K I paid for it back today ) I plan on keeping it for the duration as it's virtually rust free. Never had anything fail on it that I couldn't repair at home. Change the oil religiously every 5000 mi. and use a fuel additive.
ReplyDelete