Saturday, August 8, 2026

EDC

 


13 comments:

  1. Not a bad EDC. Is that an "Iron Knuck" I see there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pistol.
    ..what grabs my attention though, is the cigarettes.
    I smoked 1-2 packs a day for almost 30 years. Finally switched to an e-cig because of the cost of tobacco and I was tired of the bi-annual sinus infections...but mainly the cost.
    The nanny state spent 40 years demonizing cigarettes and smokers.
    They lobbied and cajoled themselves into a position where they could limit what you could do with your own body and what business owners (ie: bars & restaraunts) could allow in their own establishments.
    They were SO successful that, now, its surprising (to me at least) to see a pack of smokes or someone smoking in public.
    ...of course, NOW you hear them whining about "where did all our lovely tax revenue go?" since smoking has dropped to, what I would imagine is an all-time low, at least here in the US.
    ...and I don't seem to recall hearing about a monumental drop in heart or lung disease, their supposed casus belli.
    I'd be very interested to see actual, provable numbers.
    ...just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. quick query (or is that a quack query?)...
      Current Status: Lung cancer remains the leading cause of cancer death, but the fraction of deaths attributable to smoking has decreased from 82% in 1991 to 75% in 2018.

      Doesn't seem like a big difference does it?

      Delete
    2. "I don't seem to recall hearing about a monumental drop in heart or lung disease"

      That's because most of the former smokers, are still alive, but in poor health. I'm one, 60 years of poisoning myself. COPD, heart disease, PAD, AFIB and weight issues caused by giving them up.

      Ex smokers only get counted as casualties of smoking when they're dead.

      Delete
  3. I have the same S&W I used to carry as an ankle back up. A wheel gun is good to have if a semi auto fails! I also highly recommend putting rubber grips on it. The wood absorbs ZERO recoil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recoil of a .38 Special?
      Surely, you jest.

      Delete
    2. Compact gun, short barrel. Yeah recoil. And picture isn't good enough to tell if thats a 357.

      Delete
  4. I haven't carried a pack of Camels in 40yrs. Nasty damn things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up smoking in May 1998 when we found out our 1st child was conceived. I smoked a pack per two days so not so heavy. I'm glad I quit.

      But on cool crisp mornings, I miss that first cigarette. Wake up - go to restroom - then grab a cigarette and lighter for morning start. KAPOWEY !! It felt good at the time. :>)

      Delete
    2. I only smoked if I was awake and breathing. Payin' for my thrills big time.

      Delete
  5. Smith & Wesson Model 60 - It was the first regular production all stainless-steel firearm made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cut off the “fish hook” hammer spur on my 60.

    ReplyDelete