Tuesday, July 28, 2026

While not the fastest color, yellow is still pretty quick




 

16 comments:

  1. that car should be dark blue or green....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was dark green with the 440 hood scoop.

      Delete
  2. I bet that Japanese vanity plate cost a LOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a Porsche they do call it Speed Yellow....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is "Bahama Yellow". In 1969 "Vitamin C Orange" was also available.
    Al_in_Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad had a dark green Road Runner. It was stupid quick and ended up in the salvage yard soon. A Dart Demon was the follow up car. The 318 in the Demon was mild compared to the 340 in the Road Runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RR amounted to big bucks for a chintzy 2-bit horn. Bleep-Bleep.

      Delete
    2. Road Runner base came with a 383. I had one. Also dark green. Serious fast fun for a group! Fit 5 people and could still fly!

      Delete
  6. long ago neighbor had Fiat 124 roadster of a similar color. Called it "baby s**t" yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic vehicular art, its so basic in design it is beautiful. And fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I got discharged from the USMC at Camp Pendelton in '69, there were a few of these beasts in the Las Flores parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. even now those yellow cars really stand out . live on a highway and notice them when they go by more than any other color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Giallo Positano' was Fiat's name

    ReplyDelete
  11. The neighbor had one in that Vitamin C orange. He had an electric hood scoop as well but I don't know if it it was stock or aftermarket.

    ReplyDelete