And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Tuesday, July 28, 2026
My grandparents had a garage something like that. I'll never forget the smell of motor oil soaked into the huge planks that made up the floor.
We mopped the wooden floors with used motor oil nightly in the Sinclair gas station- grocery store I worked in when I was 14-16 years old. Everyone that came in (almost) smoked as did all us guys that worked there and no one thought anything about crushing their butts out on the floor. Have no idea in hell how the place never burned down. Building was still there last time I was through there. Bubbarust
While I never knew my grandparents on either side I had an aunt & uncle with a similar garage. It had been unused for quite some time and very spooky.
ReplyDeleteFairly uncluttered for a garage.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope somebody restores the '32 Ford V-8 and does not ruin it by rodding it out!
ReplyDeleteearly on here but that's at least two of us.
DeleteBack when "huge planks" were easy to come by.
ReplyDeleteThat oil in the floor was probably there on purpose. Best wood preservative there was back then.
ReplyDeleteWe mopped the wooden floors with used motor oil nightly in the Sinclair
Deletegas station- grocery store I worked in when I was 14-16 years old. Everyone
that came in (almost) smoked as did all us guys that worked there and no one
thought anything about crushing their butts out on the floor. Have no idea in hell how the place never burned down. Building was still there last time I was
through there.
Bubbarust