And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I have a 10# mace (I have heavier ones but totally can't swing them efficiently) that I find difficult to swing with any speed. I would be totally pig stuck if I used it in a melee. (Is that correct proof readers?) This looks like it might be in the "too heavy" range for me. A Samoan - maybe not.
Melee?
ReplyDeletePronounced as May-lay.
DeleteMelee per Webster Noun
ReplyDelete: a confused struggle
especially : a hand-to-hand fight among several people
Or what happens a lot at Waffle House :-) (or at least in the memes)
Pity using it would almost guarantee a Judge and Jury putting you unarmed into a Prison.
Looks like something that a plumber would carry into a fight.
ReplyDeletepipe hitters union
ReplyDeleteThat'll get the job done.
ReplyDeleteWow! An authentic Home Depot guncher*.
ReplyDeleteSadly most police forces will treat it as a deadly weapon for some reason...... even if you are a plumber.
*See a certain 1970's NSFW magazine cartoons for reference, thrice blessed too.
I've still got a couple'o those old 4 D-Cell Maglite flashlights, which might keep me from immediate suspicion of carrying a deadly weapon.
ReplyDeleteThat said, if I am ever near, or heaven forbid, in a "melee", I will have failed mightily.
azlibertarian
Would be better with a black iron pipe as a handle. But nice job, nevertheless!
ReplyDeleteI have a 10# mace (I have heavier ones but totally can't swing them efficiently) that I find difficult to swing with any speed. I would be totally pig stuck if I used it in a melee. (Is that correct proof readers?) This looks like it might be in the "too heavy" range for me. A Samoan - maybe not.
ReplyDelete