Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Back in the day

 


17 comments:

  1. almost worthy of the Proud Birds of Continental Airlines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when stewardess's were not fags
    and passengers were not slobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said sir.

      Delete
    2. or when they could actually walk down the aisle without their butt hitting the passengers on both sides.

      Delete
  3. back in the 1970's it was a better time. hell, I remember real silver plate on Swiss air. and yes, the stewardess where hot and polite . far cry from what I saw in the 2000's . which is the last time I flew anywhere. anymore, I rather drive if I going anywhere than fly with all of the bullshit with the TSA clowns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many people thinking that they deserve special treatment and when they don't get it they throw a fit.

      Delete
  4. Early 1970s uniforms. Miniskirt & hot pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what my ex was wearing the first time I saw her.

      Delete
  5. Feh, you can keep your mini-skirt & gogo-boot fantasies; Southwest more recently started to suck when they bought out & absorbed AirTran. Including the worst parts of that company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder, are the Asian airlines still a go to for outstanding service in the skies?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The past is another country. Air travel culture has certainly changed then to now. I sure wish people would still dress up for air travel. Too many slobobbians these days. I don't understand that attitude at all. I would be ashamed to appear in public as so many of the fellow travelers are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't even go to the store without shaving until recently. People used to want to look their best but now they don't seem to care.

      Delete
    2. Why would I want to dress up for air-travel? I'm not trying to impress my fellow travelers like the Instagram travelers. Is my suit and tie gonna get me a dinner date offer from a lonely TSA agent after the patdown? Doubtful. Will my fancy clothes be comfortable on a multi-hour airport and flight experience where temperature fluctuates between stuffy heat of being next to too many bodies in lines and slowly being frozen by overenthusiastic corporate A/C? Extreme doubt. May as well be comfy thru the whole miserable experience.

      Delete
    3. Dressing up as a daily routine is 99% dead today. People don’t take pride in their appearance and themselves like they used to. Now people roll out of bed and wear jammies all day. Adults are children, act like children, throw tantrums like children. And, like children, expect someone to take care of them. Returning to a certain societal expectation of conformity when it comes to how to dress in public would help improve people’s mental state, in general. Not law, but custom. Subtile shaming, like an eye roll. Take pride in your appearance, and that pride will pay off in other ways, too. MHO.

      Delete
    4. Anon 10:10 -

      See Anon 11:02

      Delete
  8. Purchasing your ticket in cash at the gate
    then being asked, smoking or none smoking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And beverage carts with full size liquor bottles.

      Delete