Friday, July 27, 2018

Liberal establishment reporter Neil Steinberg from The Chicago Sun-Times visits the re-opening of a steel plan in southern Illinois:
Before going, I felt squeamish at being in the crowd scene at a party for the man who kicked open the Pandora’s box of American fears. Almost afraid. But hearing him, I better understood his appeal. He has a vulnerable charm, at times a humanity. He pandered shamelessly to his audience.

“We need steel,” he said. “We need steel plants. And to see an old, big monster plant like this re-opening — that is an honor. I look at the faces of you people; I could be one of you. I like you guys. I could be one of you.”

That struck me as either sincere or an amazing facsimile. The workers, for their part, couldn’t give him a standing ovation because they never sat down.

I left the hall thinking: Donald Trump is going to be re-elected in 2020. The Democrats don’t have anyone who can touch him. Bank on it. Don’t hate me for being the one to tell you.

Hat tip: instapundit. 

6 comments:

  1. A lib suffering from the MAGA syndrome....Schadenfreude x 1,000,000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows, it may have been his 'red pill' moment, starting the whole doubting process. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the only way to MAGA and to put American manufacturers back into business. Steel and Aluminum production is simply part of the necessary equation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd never hear president iWON say anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's almost shocking to hear honesty from a liberal reporter. Didn't know he had it in him.

    ReplyDelete