Thursday, February 9, 2017

Big hole in the spillway and next year's state budget.




The slick talking water engineers are saying the spillway was inspected once in 2014 and twice in 2015, zero in 2016.   I wonder why there were two inspections in 15?

I wonder if the government even can divert money away from their pet bullet train to fix this next summer.  The engineers are now conceding that they will likely have to wash away the entire lower portion to prevent water coming over the emergency spillway.  Such a job will employ union labor, so although there might be a legal problem diverting money, the shouldn't be a political problem, as the unions will get work either way.

3 comments:

  1. They need to raise taxes in CA (a day after I leave).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I was just thinking this will come out of my pocket somehow.

      Delete
  2. Easy fix. Cover the hole with a really really big screen door, the get several barrels of FlexSeal. It works on boats, it'll fix this. Shouldn't take more than a long weekend and several cases of beer for me and a couple friends.

    ReplyDelete