Thursday, November 17, 2016

Nuggets of clear and logical thinking from Facebook

I don't have a Facebook account, but I know someone who does, and find some of the comments highly entertaining - In the sense of "I bathe in the tears of my enemies" entertaining and the "What is best in life, Conan?" entertaining.  

Here's the latest one from an older lady that wouldn't normally be expected to spew such bile:

"I'm one of the people now living in fear. I'll say it again - "Fu#k you very much everyone who voted for that monster & his even more evil minion", and I will keep repeating until every one of the selfish idiots unfriends me. There were several other names on the ballot - you didn't have to choose hate."

Jeez, take a chill pill, sister!  You can just sense her blood pressure spiking.  Hate?  Who is expressing hate here?  Someone is completely blind to how she is coming across.  But then again, lamentations, and all that.

3 comments:

  1. Liberal tears taste very sweet indeed. I don't know why that is, but it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got FB to keep in touch with family & friends in Australia- but this election has brought out the worst. They believe the media. People (that know me well!) now believe that because I support Trump, I am revealed as a vicious misogynist, racist, bigoted xenophobe and hater. (Somehow I guess they must have missed all that in the 69 years prior to this election!)

    Facts, logic and reason have nothing to do with this reaction, and I am left with deep sadness. I'm at a loss and have no idea how to cure this situation.

    I remain extremely grateful that Hillary Clinton lost, and that Donald Trump won; there is still a long, long way to go to restore this country to anything like it once was- and maybe that's not even possible, but at least we have won a reprieve from the insanity that threatens our demise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reaction on Facebook is just amazing. I guess the lack of face to face interaction empowers these folk to just unload the most amazing slander - I would have never believed it if I hadn't seen it.
      An additional problem is the unquestioning acceptance of the premise, which is that Trump is a Fascist, misogynist, etc. If you believe that, then you can convince yourself that someone who supports him for any reason must share these beliefs.
      So, to my mind we have two big problems here. First, the thoughtless swallowing of the sort of classic slander that comes out of the DNC during pretty much every national election since I've been around, and second, the belief that this gives them the moral authority to do some big time, very public judging of the basis of decisions made by others. Honestly, calling someone names like that in a public place like Facebook might just give rise to a legal cause of action if someone can prove damages.
      The whole thing is insane, but also somehow in character with this whole election cycle.

      Delete