Monday, April 20, 2015

A day at sea


ATLANTIC OCEAN (April 15, 2015) The guided-missile destroyer USS Porter (DDG 78) pulls alongside the Military Sealift Command dry cargo and ammunition ship USNS Medgar Evers (T-AKE 13) before a replenishment-at-sea. Porter is participating in Joint Warrior, a United-Kingdom led training exercise designed to provide NATO and allied forces with a unique multi-warfare environment in which to prepare for global operations. (U.S. Navy photo by Rohn D. Wallace)

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I hated UREP even more than I hated an AAWEX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me that these new destroyers displace 9,000 tons while the WWII era Tin Can I was on came in at some 3,400 tons. And I agree with Tio Skip, UNREPs got to be a pain in the butt. Seems it was every night, in the dark, rough weather with lots of stuff to be struck below. Some times we'd take on fuel then a load of ammo or food stuffs. It's a good thing we were all in our 20's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, paint it.

    ReplyDelete