Monday, December 8, 2014

Why is it that the big disasters seem to always happen in LA?



A massive fire at a Los Angeles construction site the size of a city block shut down sections of two major freeways for hours early Monday.
Hundreds of firefighters battled the blaze, which broke out about 1:10 a.m. PT and could be seen for miles.
“This is a historic fire, what we as firefighters would call a career fire. It’s huge,” Fire Department spokesman David Ortiz told NBC News. “I really can’t remember a building fire this big and I have been with the department for 13 years.”
The fire, which shut sections of the 110 and 101 freeways, was being fed by wood framing at a planned seven-story, 1.3 million-square-foot luxury apartment complex.


5 comments:

  1. Hollywood aliens invade here too, but not as often as NY or Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice a similarity to the fire that enveloped an under construction apartment complex in SF not too long ago.
    I wonder if there's any significance in that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Occupy/anarchist/communist people aren't involved somehow.

      Delete
    2. I saw the same resemblance to almost fully framed mega structure on I-15 in La Jolla about 12 years ago. I think it was blamed on the ELF.

      Delete